Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gorgeous Vintage Inspired Hair Styles

If it isn't completely obvious, I love the glamour and style of Old Hollywood. One of the things I've always been fascinated by are the different hair style of the 30s, 40s and 50s. They were so classy and feminine and deceptively simple looking (however long it actually took to achieve those those alluring looks! Here are some fabulous vintage inspired hair styles that look just as fabulous today!


The Lovely Katy Perry with a classic bob with waves.


Katherine Heigl sporting some 40s inspired curls.



I love this pretty updo. The pins in it are so gorgeous (and so vintage)!


Dita Von Teese looking gorgeous and very Bettie Page!


Dita Von Teese again with lovely shoulder length "bob" with perfect waves.


Have any of you tried out a vintage style? They can be awfully tricky to get just the right look but they are so pretty! Let me know about your attempts and experiences! I'd love to see some pictures of you gorgeous ladies sporting some fantastic vintage looks!

2 comments:

what are they wearing now said...

Women's hair looked so feminine back in the 40s with their flowing waves. The hair on the actresses in the old movies has always fascinated me. Recently on Ebay I discovered some wonderful old books on how to set hair using bobby pins to create these 40s styles. I just wonder if anyone would take the time today.

suchi said...

Really gorgeous.....
I used new haircare products from Framesi options category which is a system of precise conditioners and shampoos. My hair felt really wonderful after using their products.
Thanks

 

Made by Lena