Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Glamour of the 1930s

One of my favorite decades for evening wear is the 1930s. It was all about elegance and glamour, everything was very ladylike. I absolutely love the long evening gowns and all the gorgeous details. I think 1930s gowns are still very wearable today for a formal event and you'd most definitely make a grand entrance in a beautiful vintage 1930s gown! Here are some amazing examples, all found on Vintage Textiles so go check them out HERE.



So, what do you think? Do you have a favorite? Comment and leave your thoughts! Thanks for reading and enjoy!!

1 comments:

The Separate Principle said...

Thanks there are some really interesting 1930s images and info here. I only wish I'd found it sooner. I've just had my novel 'The Separate Principle' set in the 1930s published. It is such a great era. Feel free to check out a sample chapter: www.emilybullock.com
Thanks

 

Made by Lena